Custom Search

Monday, May 4, 2009

"I have taken my blows, I'm still standing"

Thanks to a random conversation with Mrs. downstairs after I was done working out I realized something kind of important. I realized what she claims is my source of manliness is actually why I think people are drawn to me and want to be my friend. I've had a rough kind of fucked up life thus far no doubt, but I've come through the other side battered, bruised, but not broken. There is no more satisfying a feeling then realizing that if you could take anything from your first 23 years back that you wouldn't change it for the world because all the bullshit has turned me into who I am and I'm finally able to say I'm proud of myself. I am the phoenix from the ashes. (P.S there is a reason why your at least my part time friend fair weather.)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha ur funny i thought i was only your friend for beer money

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer money and like you said, on some sick level we just get the other one. Heres to you borrowing me cash tomorrow so I can numb the fact that I hate everything around me. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete